A React.js web application with a Rails backend & React.js / Redux Frontend
- AVI is a data collection app for children with Neurofibromatosis Type 1 and their parents/guardians and physicians.
- Winner of the 2020 #HackforNF Hackathon which brought together healthcare startups, developers, solutions architects, and hackathon enthusiasts for six weeks to drive scientific and medical innovation and improve the lives of patients living with neurofibromatosis and other rare diseases.
- Implements react-router and RESTful routing which enables seamless navigation between pages.
- Employs Redux middleware and async actions to modify state change as well as send data to and from a Rails API.
- Integrates Python machine learning models and UX UI designs.
- The 2020 Hack for NF was presented by Graphpad Prism and Salesforce. Additional sponsors and data partners included: NTAP, the Gilbert Family Foundation, AstraZeneca, CereXis, Cydan, Genuity Science, Healx, Wuxi AppTech, Life Science Nation/RESI (Redefining Early Stage Investments) Conference Series, Arctoris, Children’s Brain Tumor Tissue Consortium, Dana Farber/Harvard Cancer Center, Elseveir, Sage Bionetworks, DNAnexus, NF Open Science Initiative, NF Data Portal, and the NF Registry.